The main cause of 421 Too Many Connections from this IP error in FileZilla is non-active FTP connections not being closed before opening new ones. This error happens because shared hosting providers limit simultaneous FTP connections in order to prevent server overload.
The recommended solution is to get in contact with the server administrator and encourage him/her to configure the server correctly. But if you don’t want to do that, there is another to correctly configure the server. If you get a 421 Too many connections from this IP *number* error, the FTP server is restricting your number of connections. Some servers even
How to fix 421 Too Many Connections error?
Follow the steps mentioned below for the easy solution of this problem.
- First of all, you have to open Filezilla.
- Then, you have to head over to Site Manager.
- You have to create an entry for that server, enter all details you know, it’s better if all the details are precise.
- Open the “Transfer Settings” tab.
- Tick the “Limit number of simultaneous connections” checkbox.
- Enter the limit you want into the “Maximum number of connections” field.
Now, if you connect using the Site Manager entry, connections will be limited. And it should be kept in mind that after doing this process you won’t be able to browse the server anymore while a transfer is going on.