FileZilla is a powerful and free software for transferring files over the Internet. It is a very popular FTP client and is used by webmasters from all over the world. FileZilla is fully compatible with the Professional FTP hosting.
Filezilla version 2 and version 3 have only one thing similar in them. That is the name of FileZilla. But except that they are very much different from each other. You can install Filezilla 3 into a different directory while still keeping your old Filezilla 2 around.
How to convert from FileZilla version 2 to version 3?
We are going to show you 2 ways about how you can convert from FileZilla version 2 to version 3. There are two ways to do so. One being the simple and other being a bit complex.
Simple and Easy Way
1. First of all, you have to start the Filezilla 3.
2. Select the Import option from the File Menu.
3. Then you have to select your old filezilla.xml You can find this file is in the program directory of Filezilla 2.
4. If Filezilla finds importable data, you are going to get a dialog box telling you that due to different formats used, you can only import host, port, username, and password.
5. Answer Yes and your sites should be imported.
The Harder Way
If the above method doesn’t work then you have to follow this method.
1. First of all, you have to open FileZilla 2.
2. Then, you have to open the Site Manager.
3. You have to find the little File Menu at the top left of the Site Manager Window.
4. Select Export after opening it.
5. Then, you have to select a directory to save the exported FTP sites.xml. Don’t overwrite filezilla.xml!
6. Open Filezilla 3.
7. Select Import from the File Menu.
8. Select the FTP sites.xml you just made.
9. You are going get a dialog box telling you that due to different formats used, you can only import host, port, username, and password.
10. Answer Yes and your sites should be imported.