FileZilla is one of the most popular FTP clients. The main purpose of Filezilla is to make it easy for you to upload and download files from your web hosting server. You can also edit the files and save changes without the need of manually downloading and uploading. FileZilla supports Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Most commonly, files are moved from a disk or a computer’s hard drive to a server, which makes files available for others to see on the World Wide Web. FileZilla is a good way to transfer files because it makes sharing files secure, reliable, efficient, and easy.
How To Change File And Folder Permissions Using FileZilla?
Every file and folder you found on your has three basic permission types which are Read, Write and Execute. If the permission types of files and folders on your website are not set correctly, your website won’t work as you expect it to.
You need to change the permission types of those files and folders in order to make your website work correctly. Default file and folder permissions in a cPanel server are 644 and 755 respectively. This can be done easily via permissions option in cPanel > Files > File Manager.
One other alternative is to change the file permissions using FileZilla.
- First of all, you have to login into your account with FileZilla.
- Then head over to the directory which contains the file or folder of which the permission is to be changed.
- Choose the file/folder and right click on it.
- Click on File Permissions.
- Check the tick boxes for appropriate permissions or you may give the numerical value directly.
- Click OK and you have now changed the permissions for selected file/folder.