FileZilla is a powerful and free software for transferring files over the Internet. It is a very popular FTP client and is used by webmasters from all over the world. FileZilla is fully compatible with the Professional FTP hosting.
Client binaries are available for Windows, Linux, and macOS, server binaries are available for Windows only. Both server and client support FTP and FTPS, while the client can, in addition, connect to SFTP servers. We are going to show you how to download files using the FileZilla FTP client.
How to download files using the FileZilla FTP client
First of all, you must have FileZilla in your PC. For that, you have to download and install FileZilla.
Once you have the FileZilla client downloaded and activated on your computer. Follow these steps in order to download files using the FileZilla FTP client.
- You have to connect to the hosting account first in order to download files from your hosting account to your computer.
- On the left side panel head over to the location on your computer where you want to download the files.
- On the right side panel head over to the folder on your hosting account from where you want to download the files and select the ones, you want to download. Right-click them and select the Download button.
- The download of the files will start and you can see the download progress from the section at the bottom.
- Once the download is completed you will see the downloaded files on the desired folder on your computer.