FileZilla is an open source software, cross-platform FTP application, consisting of FileZilla Client and FileZilla Server. Client binaries are available for Windows, Linux, and macOS, server binaries are available for Windows only. Both server and client support FTP and FTPS, while the client can, in addition, connect to SFTP servers.
FileZilla is a powerful and free software for transferring files over the Internet. We are going to show you how to use FileZilla to upload your files.
How to upload files using the FileZilla FTP client?
- First of all, you have to download and activate FileZilla client on your computer, then you have to enter your domain name in the Host field or you can use the account’s IP address. The username and the password you need to type in are the same as the ones you use to log in to your cPanel. The FTP port is 21. Then in order to connect it, press the Quickconnect button.
- After that, you are going to be connected to your hosting account and you will see a list of all the files and folders on your account on the right side of the FTP client window.
- From the right panel of the FTP client you have to head over to folder found on your account in which you want to upload the new files.
- Then, you have to select the files which you want to be uploaded and right click on them. And click the Upload button.
- The transfer will automatically be started, which will be shown at the bottom panel of the application.
- When the upload is completed, you will be shown Successful Transfers tab at the bottom panel.