Developed by Tim Kosse, FileZilla is a free software, cross platform FTP application consisting of FileZilla client and FileZilla Server. Client binaries are available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS whereas as the server binaries are available for Windows only. Both server and client binaries support FTP and FTPS. The latter one supports SFTP format as well. The source code of FileZilla is hosted on Source Forge.
Features of FileZilla 3.6.1-
The software comes with following given features-
- FileZilla is multilingual software available in 47 languages including Chinese, Greek, French, Russian, Thai, Turkish, Czech, Ukranian and other languages.
- It is cross-platform software that runs on a large number of operating systems including Windows, Linux, MAC OS, and a lot of others.
- The software has tabbed user interface for multi-tasking which allows users to browse more than one server and even transfer files simultaneously between multiple servers.
- Users can also bookmark pages which they use frequently. Bookmarks allow easy access to pages.
- It supports the latest version of internet protocol IPv6.
- The network configuration wizard helps configure confusing network settings in form of step by step wizard.
- FileZilla supports Resume and transfer of large files which are greater than 4 GB.
- Remote file search feature allows searching of files on the server remotely.
- Site manager is available to manage server lists and transfer queue for ordering file transfer tasks.
- The remote file editing feature allows editing any file on the server.
How to download FileZilla 3.6.1?
FileZilla can be downloaded using the following given link-