Host a website? Then you would know the hassles of maintaining a server and managing its files. A proper FTP client both on the server and the client systems is very important because a single bug in the file transfer will result in data loss. Hence, it is advisable to have security enhanced FTP client to manage the file transfers. FileZilla stands out as the best free open-source FTP client. In this article, we shall see how FileZilla stands out from the rest of FTP clients.
Features of FileZilla 3.0.8
Here are a few features which make FileZilla the best free FTP client.
- It allows you to transfer files using FTP and encrypted FTP like FTPS and others.
- Supports IPv6, which is the latest protocol on the Internet.
- Available in total 47 languages worldwide.
- File transfer can be paused and resumed.
- Has a tabbed user interface so that you can work on multiple tasks at a time.
- Bookmarks are available to mark those tasks which you most frequently perform.
- Drag and drop feature for easy transfers and downloads.
- Directory comparison feature is available. To compare the local files and those on the server. It highlights when the file names are different (that means that the file is not present in the server).
- Ability to configure transfer speed to limit the data transfer speed. This prevents transfer errors.
- Secure password storage protected with a master password.
How to download FileZilla 3.0.8?
If you would like to try out FileZilla, click on this link-